Minutes March 12, 2004
1. Attendance: R. Steven Ellis, M.D., Philip Denney, M.D., Richard Hansen, M.D.,
Robert Sullivan, M.D., Molly Fry, M.D., Tod Mikuriya, M.D., Dale Gieringer, PhD,
Susan Lea, Esq., Dale Shafer, Esq, Mr. Fred Gardner, Mr. John Trapp, Ms. Nah
2. Agenda Reviewed and Approved
3. December 12, 2003 Minutes Reviewed and Approved
4. Medical Board Updates- Susan Lea, Esq. Dr. Mikuriya’s case, S. Calif civil
hearing reopened for Dr. Eidelman, state expert witness Rxed Viagra without exam.
Dr Molly Fry arrest by DEA and Medical Board accusations. Cannabis Consultantcy
vs. prescription and general medical practice. Powers of Medical Board, Procedures.
January 30, 2004 meeting. Videotaped and transcribed, Mr. Gardner comments, Minimum
Practice Standard policy statement diverted for revision to AG’s Office, decalendered.
5. By-Laws revision Dr. Denney and Dr. Mikuriya CCRMG by-laws reflect
functions of a group medical practice. Experience of CCRMG physicians
represents more a medical specialty society. Dr. Denney volunteers
to produce a revision in the by-laws to reflect. Discuss development
of education and certification program
6. Common Intake Forms- Data Entry Forms (Dr. Hergenrather’s project)
Continued until next meeting. Plans to develop format for international
repository of cannabis patients utilizing both a common intake questionnaire
and an abbreviated data entry form
7. O'Shaugnessy Journal--Fred Gardner Spring 2004 issue review: General increasing
medical acceptance, GW Pharmaceuticals list of diseases, Lucido Practice
Standards, Hergenrather data base project, Alice Mead, JD Legal Status of
Medical Marijuana, Cannabis for the wounded (Editorial) Defer criticism of
Medical Board from this issue. Withhold problems of Oregon’s Philip L’Eveque
with Oregon Board of Medical Examiners.
8. ICRS meeting Paestra, Italy, June 22-26 and IACM meeting Oxford Sep 10-Hergenrather:
CCRMG intake form and data registry, Lucido, Mikuriya: Cannabis consultancy
practice model. A case of atrophy blanche . (Dr Lucido unable to attend)
9. State Research Program Status, Implementation Committee- Dale Gieringer
Funding problems and projects on hold. An extension. Abrams study on cancer
pain recruitment problems. Quality of cannabis from NIDA and excessively restrictive
criteria. Cannabis dosing and usage estimates.
10. New Business: Future Meeting Location:
513 El Cerrito Plaza
El Cerrito, CA 94530
Tod H. Mikuriya, M.D.